Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Accidentally discovered this while playing around with Chinese restaurant classics. My nugget-expert daughter loved them. I use the marinade from http://www.recipezaar.com/Sweet-and-Sour-Pork-43587 (minus the extra salt) and the flouring and baking technique from http://www.recipezaar.com/Baked-Lemon-Chicken-With-Chinese-Lemon-Sauce-194890. The chicken works great with either sauce but my picky kid just loved the chicken by itself. Infact she liked it so much I had to post the recipe. All measurements are approximate; vary the spices based upon your own taste.
- 1 lb raw chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat over to 450°F.
- Marinade chicken for a minimum of 10 minutes in egg, corn starch, soy sauce and water.
- Measure flour, chile powder and pepper into bowl or plastic bag.
- Put one piece of chicken at a time (draining off as much of the marinade as possible first) into the flour, coat chicken.
- Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray first.
- After all the chicken is on cookie sheet (make sure they don't touch), spray chicken generously with cooking spray.
- Cook 20 minutes at 450°F.
This is a basic recipe that provide a simple and tasty dinner, I doubled this recipe as written. I varied my seasonings a bit by adding some cumin and curry to our taste. The children all liked this way of serving chicken tenderloins. Next time I will double the soy sauce. Thanks for sharing this recipe Jes32.