Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Start with Luvin' Texas' Orange Swirl Cake (orange swirl cake), prepare it in an unseasoned Pampered Chef stoneware Bundt pan, and you get crumbled orange cake...add these other ingredients, and you, too, can have an absolutely light, yummy orange trifle! It was a great mistake! (You may not have an unseasoned cake pan, so feel free to prepare it in the easiest way, possible, 'cause you're just going to crumble the cake, anyway!) Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 6 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into the pan.
- Stir dry orange jello into the 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Drop this onto the batter in the pan, and cut through batter with a knife, with S-shaped curves, in one continuous motion, for a swirled effect.
- Bake according to cake mix directions.
- Cool and crumble.
- Make the vanilla pudding, according to the box, with the 2 cups of milk.
- In a trifle bowl, layer 1/3 of the cake, 1/2 of the pudding, and 1/3 of the clementines.
- Continue for another layer.
- For the top layer, you'll only have cake and oranges -- you'll then top that layer with the Cool Whip, and garnish (if desired) with a few clementine secions.