Recipe by Derf
I was making Tortilla Pizza for supper, had some ground turkey defrosted in the fridge for it. Had the whole wheat tortillas on the cookie sheet and put the sauce on, then the spinach, grated carrots, diced red pepper and diced tomatoes , topped them with the grated cheese and popped it in the oven. There we were eating and DH says, my gowd this is good but I can't see the turkey on mine HA HA!!! The ground turkey was still in the fridge, completely forgot to cook and put it on and we didn't even miss it ! Very tasty accidental Veggie Pizza
Top Review by teachone03_2111407
I made this pizza on a day I was craving pizza. I didn't have just plain tomatoe sauce, but I had chipotle salsa which added a nice kick. I sauteed my favorite veggies, onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a little garlic oil. It was delicious.
- 4 (28 g) whole wheat tortillas (9 inch tortillas)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can pizza sauce, we like hot & spicy
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, rolled and sliced into half inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, diced (or your choice of colour)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, rough grated
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (we like old sharp cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375f degrees and prepare a cookie sheet covered with tinfoil for easy cleanup.
- Place two tortilla on cookie sheet, split 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese in half and sprinkle on each tortilla, place a second tortilla on top of the cheese sprinkled ones. (I found that one tortilla is a little too "bendy"; sprinkling the cheese between keeps them together and gives more firmess to the tortilla crust).
- Spread half of the pizza sauce on each tortilla crust, sprinkle half of the cut spinach over the sauce, then half of the pepper, diced tomato and grated carrot over each.
- Combine the remaining mozzarella and cheddar and sprinkle half on each tortilla.
- Place cookie sheet on the middle rack of preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and crust edges are brown.