Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was expecting a few hungry friends to walk in as I started cooking, but they called and had an emergency. Fortunately nothing bad, but there I was with too much food. I chopped everything up, added mayo, and a generous slurp of hot sauce (the way I like it). Not your run-of-the-mill chicken salad. This is a good way to finish up those leftovers! I put the onion slices and mushrooms in a grill basket so they could be turned without falling apart as they cooked. Hope you like it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml lemon pepper
- 2 vidalia onions, thickly sliced
- 4 large mushroom caps, chopped
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken breast halves in a large resealable plastic bag with lemon juice, olive oil and lemon pepper. Shake to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the Vidalia onions and mushrooms on the grill, and cook until lightly charred on both sides; set aside. Place chicken onto the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 15 minutes, turning once, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and chop.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the onions, mushrooms, chicken and mayonnaise. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.