1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I was expecting a few hungry friends to walk in as I started cooking, but they called and had an emergency. Fortunately nothing bad, but there I was with too much food. I chopped everything up, added mayo, and a generous slurp of hot sauce (the way I like it). Not your run-of-the-mill chicken salad. This is a good way to finish up those leftovers! I put the onion slices and mushrooms in a grill basket so they could be turned without falling apart as they cooked. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken breast halves in a large resealable plastic bag with lemon juice, olive oil and lemon pepper. Shake to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 2Preheat a grill for high heat.
- 3Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the Vidalia onions and mushrooms on the grill, and cook until lightly charred on both sides; set aside. Place chicken onto the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 15 minutes, turning once, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and chop.
- 4In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the onions, mushrooms, chicken and mayonnaise. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Accidental Grilled Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: