Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I named this with the name 'Accidental' attached because there is one ingredient, vanilla...which was accidentally put into the dish when I was putting it into my crock pot. I didn't realize that the brown bottle I was using wasn't the molasses until it dawned on me that it was much too thin. I wasn't about to throw out all those beans...so went ahead and cooked it...and wow...it was great. The vanilla seemed to blend the flavors well and the molasses doesn't overpower the beans like they usually do. So I decided to post it just as I made it. DH and DS said, "The beans were really good tonight."
- 1 (16 ounce) canof undrained great northern beans
- 1 (16 ounce) canof undrained pinto beans
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cansof undrained pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put everything into a crock pot/slow cooker.
- Cook 4-5 hours.