Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the recipe for the rice that is served at Acapulco Restaurant. It's amazingly easy and VERY yummy.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 ounces lard or 2 ounces chicken fat
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Sauté onion and rice in lard until browned, 6 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn into baking dish.
- In large saucepan, combine broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, cumin and salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Add broth to rice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is fluffy.
- Use fork to fluff rice.
I have made this recipe on many occasions. I am a lousy rice maker but this recipe allows me to shine. Thanks.
This is very easy and tasty. I've made it a couple of times. Thank you for the recipe!