Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very good summertime dish. Serve with grilled corn, a salad and a very cold Margarita.
- 4 grouper fillets
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- PLACE FISH IN A LARGE DISH.
- COMBINE TEQUILA, TRIPLE SEC, LIMEJUICE, SALT, GARLIC AND 1 TABLESPOON OIL AND POUR OVER FILETS AND RUB INTO FISH.
- COVER AND MARINATE FOR 1/2 HOUR AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, TURNING FILLETS ONCE.
- COMBINE TOMATOES, ONIONS, CHILES, CILANTRO, SUGAR AND SALT TO TASTE.
- HEAT THE GRILL TO VERY HOT.
- REMOVE FILLETS FROM MARINADE, PAT DRY AND RESERVE MARINADE.
- BRUSH FILLETS WITH 1 T. OIL AND GRIND PEPPER TO TASTE OVER FILLETS.
- GRILL FOR ABOUT 4 MINUTES PER SIDE.
- MEANWHILE,BOIL MARINADE IN SAUCEPAN FOR 2 MINUTES, REMOVE GARLIC CLOVES AND SPOON A LITTLE OVER FISH.
- SPOON SALSA OVER FISH AND SERVE.
We had this last night and it was some of the best fish I have ever had! We couldn't find the 'grill-thingy' for fish so we used a couple of cedar planks. Even without soaking the planks it worked perfectly. It was served with grilled zucchini and basmati rice. I will make this often. Thanx! Update: I have mad this more times than I can count. I do use a shortcut and but prepared pico de gallo and sometimes use a mango salsa. And I always use the cedar planks. I've used all sorts of firm white fish too. Tonight it is chilean sea bass!
This was a very good meal. The salsa on top was the perfect touch. I will make this again
Wow!!! This turned out so wonderful. My husband loves mango salsa so I made some of that also and it made it even better. I wish I could give it more stars. Great summer recipe. This one goes in the books.