Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was my first time using ground turkey - all I can say is Mmmmm! Very tasty and fresh! To lighten it up, I have used reduced fat Cheddar cheese and no-fat sour cream.
- 16 ounces lean ground turkey or 16 ounces ground beef
- 6 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot, not used all at once in recipe)
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄3 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup salsa, chili seasoning, parsley flakes and Cheddar cheese.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup as a guide, form into 6 patties.
- Place patties in a large skillet sprayed with olive oil flavored cooking spray and brown about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness or cook on gril for same amount of time.
- For each serving, place a patty between a bun and top with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1/2 tablespoon sour cream.
Big disappointment! I followed recipe exact and it just was not what I expected. My husband seemed to enjoy it a little bit more but I dont think I will make this again. Thanks for sharing!
It was my first burgers on the barbecue for this year. And it's so yummy. I used lean ground beef, mild salsa. And I served mine with a little bit of lettuce, sour cream and salsa. It was delicious. Thanks Redsie for this wonderful recipe. Made for Zaar Star Game.
Automatic 5 star. This was the first homemade burger my DD has eaten. The flavor was great, not overly spicy for DH and DD. I toped mine with lettuce tomatoe and a mixture of sour cream and salsa. DH and DD had it the traditional way with mayo and mustard and ketchup. Very good, will make again....Next time on the grill when it isn't 30 degrees outside.