Recipe by pines506
I love eggs this way. I do sometimes use chorizo instead of the ham. Great for breakfast or dinner!
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte stewed tomatoes (Seasoned with Garlic, Jalapenos & Mexican spices)
- 1 cup cooked ham, cut into thin strips or 1 cup shredded turkey
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper strip
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortilla strips in butter in large skillet until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Cook onion in same skillet until tender.
- Drain tomatoes reserving liquid. Add reserved liquid to skillet; cook over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes, meat and green pepper; heat through. Reduce heat to low; add tortillas and eggs.
- Cover and cook 4-6 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted.