Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The recipe originally called for refried beans, but we didn't have any, so I substituted barbecue flavored baked beans, and it tasted great! Use whichever you'd like.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 (7 ounce) jarsmild green taco sauce
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can barbecue baked beans
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, brown beef; drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water.
- Add taco sauce; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cover the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish with three tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary.
- Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Layer with three more tortillas; spread with baked beans.
- Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives.
- Place remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is a long time favorite of our family we love it!! It a great meal to have for big crowd. Glad to see it on here.
Very good. I loved the flavor of the barbecued beans mixed with the sour cream....mmmmm!!!! Made for PAC Spring 2008