Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice (Uncle Ben's)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split,deboned and skinned
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 1⁄3 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 ounces stewed tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- taco sauce, heated,hot or mild
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Place rice in bottom of shallow 2 qt casserole dish.
- Top with mushrooms, chicken, celery, and parsley.
- Combine broth with milk, tomatoes, chiles and salt.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes then top with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Serve with heated taco sauce.