Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found this online -- looks like a simple chicken dish, though it does take a little while to cook.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 breasts)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Place chicken in a greased 9x13" casserole dish.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add flour & cook until golden brown.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, chilies, onion salt & pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour sauce over chicken in casserole. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cover with foil, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover & sprinkle cheese over top. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
I just got done enjoying this tasty chicken dish. We really liked this and will be repeating this again. The only thing I will do different next time is only use one can of cream of chicken soup. It was very "juicy", which isn't a bad thing , just not our thing. I served this with spanish rice and a salad. Wonderful chicken dish, thank you for posting it. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.