Recipe by ngibsonn
Easy, fast, healthy and delicious! This perfect weeknight dish takes less than 30 minutes, so it's a regular in our house. You can vary the heat by the kind and amount of chile powder and hot peppers you use. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 10 drops hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with 1/2 tablespoon chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute seasoned chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2 In same skillet, stir fry bell pepper and onion until soft.
- Add jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 tablespoon chile powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes; add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes more.