Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy, fast, healthy and delicious! This perfect weeknight dish takes less than 30 minutes, so it's a regular in our house. You can vary the heat by the kind and amount of chile powder and hot peppers you use. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- Season chicken with 1/2 tablespoon chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute seasoned chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2 In same skillet, stir fry bell pepper and onion until soft.
- Add jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 tablespoon chile powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes; add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes more.
this was really good. I used tony Chachere's in addition to all the other seasoning. It gave the dish a good kick. I served it over rice. over all a wonderful recipe
I used Emeril's Original Essence instead of salt/pepper/chili powder, and added about a 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and some water as needed to create a bit of a sauce for it. Turned out really, really good. I'll definitely be making this one again!
This is a favorite at our house. Nice and spicy, but it doesn't have to be. I used jarred jalapenos instead of fresh. Love it!!!!