Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Soups Up! This recipe was inspired by the ingredients for RSC #13 although it was not entered in the the actual contest since there was a limit to how many recipes could be entered. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sweet onions (sliced)
- 42 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup baby carrots (fresh and chopped)
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 15 1⁄2 ounces chickpeas
- 8 1⁄4 ounces pineapple chunks (and juice)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)
- In a large dutch oven (5-quarts) on medium heat add butter.
- Saute sliced onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to dutch oven, then carrots, spinach and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered on low for 45 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Uncover dutch oven.
- Add pineapple and juice to the soup.
- Add and stir sesame oil and soy sauce; simmer on low for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!