1/4 Photos of Acadia's Stuffed Eggplant
1 hr 5 mins
Well I'm at it again, creating recipes in anticipation of my bumper eggplant crop again. . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cut eggplant top off, and cut eggplant in half length wise. Scoop out flesh and seeds. (Discard seedy areas.) Chop flesh into bite sized pieces.
- 3Sprinkle kosher salt & pepper into the two eggplant halves.
- 4Line a baking dish/pan with a sheet of baker's parchment paper and bake the eggplant halves with a teaspoon of butter in each half for 20 minutes.
- 5Chop onion, pepper & eggplant into 1/4" pieces (does not have to be precise).
- 6In skillet add 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- 7On medium low heat saute onion, bell pepper, eggplant pieces and mushrooms until tender. About 5 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle garlic salt over mixture.
- 10Add Velveeta cheese by placing cheese on top of mixture.
- 11When the cheese melts, stir the whole mixture together so cheese coats vegetables.
- 12Remove eggplant from oven and stuff the two halves with the vegetable & cheese mixture.
- 13Bake combination another 20 minutes or until eggplant halves are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acadia's Stuffed Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 515.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g