Recipe by AcadiaTwo
For dinner, I had thawed two boneless filets of salmon and I didn't have many things to work with for side dishes. Also I didn't want to have to go pick anything up at the store, so I winged it. My family loved it and this is how it turned out. Enjoy.
Top Review by D. Duckie
Wow - a salmon dish my ENTIRE family of 6 raved about! When the first comment was "This is awesome!" by one son and the others agreed, I knew we had a hit! Super easy to make - I prepped while my helper cooked and we had the whole thing done in less than 30 minutes. We served it over baguette slices. My husband says next time we might wrap it in lettuce leaves (for the crunch), serve it with tortillas, add some shredded cheese or any combination thereof. I may look at cutting down the butter by half next time and increasing the celery to 1-2 pieces. Terrific dish - this is a keeper! Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 stalk celery (minced)
- 1 medium vidalia onion (sweet onion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 lb cremini mushroom
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion into 1/8" pieces (approximately).
- In wok, add cooking oil and butter on medium heat.
- When the oil starts to bubble around the edges, add celery and onions. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add garlic.
- Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add Mushrooms and saute until tender (stir often) about 20 minutes.
- Remove mushroom mixture from wok and set aside.
- Cut raw salmon into 3/4" chunks; set aside.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire and honey to wok mixing well for about 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add salmon chunks and saute in sesame oil mixture until salmon is medium rare for about 5 minutes stirring frequently (or longer for medium/ well done).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add mushroom mixture and stir to coat fish and mushrooms with sesame oil mixture and cook until mushrooms are hot - 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.