1/2 Photos of Acadia's Ratatouille
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
We love ratatouille! I usually have an abundance of zucchini and yellow squash in my garden, however, this year since we received so much rain the zucchini & squash crop was poor. So I have been force to buy my ingredients. For my family's taste, I omit the red pepper flakes and salt as the canned tomatoes have enough salt in them, however if you choose to use fresh tomatoes I would add the salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion (sliced or diced)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a 3 quart Dutch oven add the olive oil and onions. Saute on medium low until tender about 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- 2Add garlic and saute for an additional 1 minute stirring frequently (Do not let garlic burn).
- 3Slice up bell peppers, add to mixture and saute an additional 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- 4Add basil, oregano and parsley mixing with other ingredients.
- 5Add crushed tomatoes, zucchini, squash, red pepper flakes, salt and stir to mix thoroughly.
- 6Cover for and cook for 1 hour or so on low/simmer, stirring every 5 minutes until zucchini and squash are tender. (I set my timer).
- 7Place parmesan cheese on table to be sprinkled on top of each individual serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acadia's Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 181.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g