Recipe by AcadiaTwo
I have been making this for going on 30 years and it is a tasty easy mushroom dish to go with steak or london broil. Yum!
Top Review by Diann is Cooking
Very simple, very easy! Sometimes I'd make it with crushed garlic clove if I feel like it, but the powdered garlic works perfectly well. Cremini or white or baby bella mushrooms.. all work. I do add a dash of cracked black pepper. I find this a great meal for a weekend lunch, accompanied by a salad. (Or a side for a dinner.)
- 1 lb white button mushrooms
- 1 vidalia onion (medium ( about 3-inch in diameter)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently remove dirt and debris. Slice mushrooms in 1/4" slices.
- Rough chop or slice onion.
- In a skillet on medium low heat saute onions until tender. Stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic powder over onions.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Stirring frequently.