Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making this for going on 30 years and it is a tasty easy mushroom dish to go with steak or london broil. Yum!
- 1 lb white button mushrooms
- 1 vidalia onion (medium ( about 3-inch in diameter)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- Gently remove dirt and debris. Slice mushrooms in 1/4" slices.
- Rough chop or slice onion.
- In a skillet on medium low heat saute onions until tender. Stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic powder over onions.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Stirring frequently.
Very simple, very easy! Sometimes I'd make it with crushed garlic clove if I feel like it, but the powdered garlic works perfectly well. Cremini or white or baby bella mushrooms.. all work. I do add a dash of cracked black pepper. I find this a great meal for a weekend lunch, accompanied by a salad. (Or a side for a dinner.)
Cremini, onion and a touch of garlic. Whats not to love? especially when served with a t-bone! Don't think about it, just make it. You won't be sorry.
Delicious, simple, and I think garlic powder really works here (and there is organic garlic powder--one ingredient in the jar)--you can really let the onions and mushrooms saute without getting any burned bits of garlic.