Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
While camping in Florida I decided to combine three of my favorite vegetables together for a tasty side dish.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (medium)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb white button mushrooms
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Chop up bell pepper (discard seeds) into bite sized pieces.
- Chop or slice onion.
- In wok or skillet over medium low heat add olive oil.
- Saute onion for 15 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir frequently.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- Add bell pepper and saute for an additional 15 minutes or until bell pepper is tender.
- Remove onion & peppers from the heat and set aside.
- Add butter to wok or skillet and then mushrooms.
- Saute until tender about 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add garlic salt & pepper.
- Add peppers & onion mixture back into the wok and mix with mushrooms.
- Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce stir until fluid coats peppers, mushrooms and onions.
I used green and red pepper. I omitted the garlic salt. This is so delicious. Thanks Acadia :) Made for Potluck tag
This is a very yummy side dish and so easy to make. Made as directed. Thanks, Acadia! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap #43, VIP selection.
A very nice side that makes a delightful change of pace, I could not get button mushrooms so quartered regular mushrooms but other than that no changes. This is a side we will be enjoying again, thanks for the post.