1/2 Photos of Acadia's Mild Fajita Quesadillas W/Eggplant
This recipe came about as a result of my over abundance of eggplants from my garden, and what should I do with the eggplant tonight? This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken or steak, and giving it a fresh look and taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups eggplants (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup steak (pre-cooked) or 1 cup chicken (pre-cooked and diced)
- 4 flour tortillas (I use spinach & herb)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- Pam cooking spray
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa (mild)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Mix the cheese together in a bowl.
- 2Dice onion and saute it in a skillet with margarine until translucent (not brown).
- 3While onion is cooking dice up an eggplant with skin on.
- 4Remove onion from skillet and add eggplant.
- 5Saute eggplant about 6 minutes on medium heat, stirring every 2 minutes.
- 6Add onions with the eggplant in the skillet.
- 7Then add the chopped steak.
- 8Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 9Cook on medium until steak is warm.
- 10Remove mixture from the skillet onto a plate.
- 11Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
- 12Place one of the sections of steak, onions & eggplant onto half of a tortilla.
- 13Sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- 14Fold the other half of the tortilla over to form a half circle with the filling inside.
- 15Prepare the other 3 tortillas the same way.
- 16Spray a baking dish with PAM and place tortillas into the dish.
- 17Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 18Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acadia's Mild Fajita Quesadillas W/Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 658.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g