Cook1 hr 10 mins
Yum! I love lasagna. This is a great "one" dish anytime meal. I use a 12 ” x 8” x 2” baking dish.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (veal, and pork mixture)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (fresh, crushed)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 15 1⁄2 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Boil water and olive oil, then remove from heat.
- Place lasagna noodles in hot water to soften for about 5 minutes, drain and and rinse in cool water.
- Brown ground meat.
- Saute onion, garlic, basil, oregano until onion is tender. Then mix with browned ground meat.
- Add tomatoes to meat mixture and simmer 30-minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Rub baking dish with butter then arrange three alternate layers of noodles, ricotta cheese, meat mixture and mozzarella.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40 mintes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6.