1/4 Photos of Acadia's Eggplant Parmesan
I love eggplant and I decided to make a layered eggplant side dish without the breading that one typically sees with this type of presentation. I use a square baking dish for this treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice eggplant cross wise into desired thickness. (I cut it in 1/8 am inch slices / not critical).
- 2Place slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt to help remove the extra moisture for about 15 minutes.
- 3Use more paper towels and press each slice to remove moisture.
- 4In a skillet, saute eggplant slices for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 5Add a layer of sauteed eggplant slices to the baking dish, and
- 6place a dollop of marinara sauce over each slice.
- 7Then top each slice with a tablespoon worth of mozzarella.
- 8Repeat these steps until the whole eggplant is sauteed and layered in the dish.
- 9Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acadia's Eggplant Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g