Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another eggplant recipe created to use up my many eggplants. I'm sorry to say that the frost hit the plant hard last night, so I harvested all of the remaining eggplants (10). I did find good homes for many of the eggplants with friends and neighbors. LOL!
- 2 small eggplants (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 large vidalia onion (or any sweet onion)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 slice Velveeta cheese (singles)
- Chop onion into 1/4" pieces.
- In skillet add 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- On low heat saute onion until translucent.
- Add bell pepper and eggplant pieces with onion.
- Sprinkle salt over mixture.
- Saute until tender.
- Add Velveeta cheese by placing cheese on top of mixture.
- When it melts, stir the whole mixture together so cheese coats vegetables.
Nice, quick and easy way to fix eggplant! I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as specified. I could see adding celery, green peppers, and/or zucchini as well. Thanks for posting this easy and tasty recipe!
I never get tired of eggplant! This combination is yummy and versatile. I used a slice of American cheese...... basically almost the same as Velveeta. This is a nice colorful side dish or just a veggie lunch. I'll make this a lot in the summer; with eggplant and summer squash. Thanx!