1/4 Photos of Acadia's Crustless Quiche With Eggplant
1 hr 30 mins
LOL! This is another recipe I just created to use up my never ending supply of eggplants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs garlic sausage (approximate)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 sweet onion (Chopped)
- 1 small eggplant (chopped)
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tablespoon chives (I used freeze dried)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (I used freeze dried)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In skillet saute onion until translucent with 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- 3Added eggplant and bell pepper in with onion and saute until tender.
- 4Set onion, eggplant and pepper mixture aside in a bowl.
- 5Remove sausage from casings and brown in same skillet and then cook thoroughly.
- 6(I placed my skillet with metal handle in the oven for 15 minutes).
- 7While sausage is cooking, use a 2-quart bowl to whisk together eggs, cream, nutmeg, chives, parsley, black pepper, & salt.
- 8Then add eggplant, onion and bell pepper mixture.
- 10Remove skillet from oven with sausage (Remember the handle is HOT!).
- 11Drain sausage on paper towels and blot dry.
- 12Chop up sausage into bite size pieces.
- 13Add 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar and sausage to the egg mixture.
- 14Use 1 teaspoon of margarine or PAM cooking spray to grease a 5-quart oblong baking dish.
- 15Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- 16Place on middle rack of oven.
- 17Bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche isn't jiggly anymore and toothpick comes out of middle clean.
- 18Let cool for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acadia's Crustless Quiche With Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: