LOL! This is another recipe I just created to use up my never ending supply of eggplants.
Make and share this Acadia's Crustless Quiche With Eggplant recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs garlic sausage (approximate)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 sweet onion (Chopped)
- 1 small eggplant (chopped)
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tablespoon chives (I used freeze dried)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (I used freeze dried)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In skillet saute onion until translucent with 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- Added eggplant and bell pepper in with onion and saute until tender.
- Set onion, eggplant and pepper mixture aside in a bowl.
- Remove sausage from casings and brown in same skillet and then cook thoroughly.
- (I placed my skillet with metal handle in the oven for 15 minutes).
- While sausage is cooking, use a 2-quart bowl to whisk together eggs, cream, nutmeg, chives, parsley, black pepper, & salt.
- Then add eggplant, onion and bell pepper mixture.
- Remove skillet from oven with sausage (Remember the handle is HOT!).
- Drain sausage on paper towels and blot dry.
- Chop up sausage into bite size pieces.
- Add 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar and sausage to the egg mixture.
- Use 1 teaspoon of margarine or PAM cooking spray to grease a 5-quart oblong baking dish.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- Place on middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche isn't jiggly anymore and toothpick comes out of middle clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.