Recipe by AcadiaTwo
I love the convenience of Crock Pot meals, and the aromas that fill your head when you walk into the house after a long day at work or play.
Top Review by breezermom
I loved how easy this was.....no salting or flouring of the meat, just a quick searing and into the crock-pot it goes! I've never put eggplant in with my roast, and loved it. I used low sodium chicken broth, and maybe that is why I felt I needed more salt. I also added a bay leaf and some italian herb seasoning after tasting the juices about 1/2 way through the cooking time. The smell was just wonderful while it was cooking. I'll use this again when I'm at work....but for the first try and getting it ready in time to take a photo, I was with it all day. The smell nearly drove me crazy, and I was really ready to eat by the time it was done!!! LOL! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag 2012.
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 large sweet onions (sliced)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 small eggplant (diced)
- 5 Red Bliss potatoes (quartered)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1 cup cream sherry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet brown beef brisket on both sides to sear in juices.
- Place 1-can of beef broth in bottom of crock-pot, then potatoes, then carrots, eggplant, then brisket, onions then mushrooms on top.
- Pour rest of soup, cream sherry, pepper and gravy over everything and cook on low for 8-10 hours.