Well the eggplants are coming in from the garden in a big way. The last time I looked there were 10 eggplant fruit on the plant plus another 10 purple flowers. I guess I'm going to be searching the eggplant section of Zaar for additional ideas. LOL!
- Slice eggplant so you have round 1/4" slices.
- Place slices on a cooling rack and salt both sides.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Take each slice of eggplant and dab them with a paper towel to remove moisture.
- Spray cookie sheet with PAM and place eggplants on it.
- Bake each side of the eggplant slices for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven.
- Top each slice with spaghetti sauce.
- Then sprinkle each slice with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Delicious eggplant dish! I love that the eggplant is baked and not breaded or fried. I peeled mine, and my slices were probably a little thicker than 1/4". Topped with chunky tomato sauce and even DH, who isn't fond of eggplant, thought it was great. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a great, fast and healthy way to make eggplant. I came home from the farmer's market with an eggplant and made this right away. I used my pannini press (that way I can justify keeping it in the cupboard for another year!) then spooned marinara sauce over the top and sprinkled with Daiya brand vegan cheese. I loved that this recipe doesn't call for tons of oil like most eggplant recipes do. Will make this super easy dish regularly. Thanks for the idea!
What else could one possibly say about an over-the-top, quick recipe that tastes impressive, and is so easy to make, you would of thought you dreamed this dish. I followed this exactly - except added a bit of fresh parsley and fresh basil to the top. Sliced in 1/4 inch rounds. Used the 500 degree method with no problems. Just kept my eye on them.