Recipe by AcadiaTwo
Well the eggplants are coming in from the garden in a big way. The last time I looked there were 10 eggplant fruit on the plant plus another 10 purple flowers. I guess I'm going to be searching the eggplant section of Zaar for additional ideas. LOL!
Top Review by loof
Delicious eggplant dish! I love that the eggplant is baked and not breaded or fried. I peeled mine, and my slices were probably a little thicker than 1/4". Topped with chunky tomato sauce and even DH, who isn't fond of eggplant, thought it was great. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 eggplant (medium sized)
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant so you have round 1/4" slices.
- Place slices on a cooling rack and salt both sides.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Take each slice of eggplant and dab them with a paper towel to remove moisture.
- Spray cookie sheet with PAM and place eggplants on it.
- Bake each side of the eggplant slices for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven.
- Top each slice with spaghetti sauce.
- Then sprinkle each slice with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.