Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on a new site: mysecretpantry.com. It is a site for kitchen gadgets, foods, recipes, and a whole bunch of stuff for cooking. Including things like NuWave Ovens, kitchen utensils, Rachael ray cookware, etc..
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage (remove casing)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning, & rub see NOTE below
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 24 large mushroom caps (save stems)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- NOTE: this is the seasoning and rub site: http://www.mysecretpantry.com/searchprods.asp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a deep skillet, brown sausage, onions, bell pepper and mushroom stems.
- Add salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add water and bring to a boil adding rice and parsley.
- Cover and remove from heat, letting stand for 15 minutes.
- Blend mayonnaise and cheese together, then combine half of this mixture with the cooked sausage-rice mixture.
- Stuff mushrooms caps, then spoon remaining mayo-cheese mixture on top of mushrooms.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in 9x12 baking dish and bake for 35 minutes, until mushrooms are golden.