A Haute Cajun Classic for that kitchen party. Not for the faint of heart. The beginning is a recipe for the Acadian Feux (Fire) Seasoning. It stores well, so make up a batch to keep around.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup white pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup thyme, crushed
- 1/4 cup rosemary
- 3 tablespoons marjoram
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon gumbo file, ground fine
- 2 dozen shrimp, colossal, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, divided 5 and 3 ounces
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons rum liqueur
- 4 teaspoons seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine, dry
- 1/2 cup beer, room temperature
- 2 loaves French baguettes, slices sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1Acadian Feux directions. Mix spices from cayenne to gumbo file', hit a couple times in processor. Stores well.
- 2Q'd Prawns directions.
- 3Melt the five ounces of butter in large skillet over medium to high heat, not to burn. Add Worcestershire and seasonings, stir well. Add Kitchen Bouquet and rum liqueur, stirring well.
- 4Add shrimp to sauce and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- 5Add remaining butter and white wine, bring to a boil, boil 2 minutes.
- 6Add beer, boil another minute.
- 7Top with chopped fresh parsley.
- 8You can serve it up in a deep bowl with shrimp and sauce, but the best is to trivet the skillet, give everyone a fork and some crusty baguette bread and everyone eat from the skillet and sop up the sauce.
Nutritional Facts for Acadian Q'd Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.4
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 3609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: