Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Haute Cajun Classic for that kitchen party. Not for the faint of heart. The beginning is a recipe for the Acadian Feux (Fire) Seasoning. It stores well, so make up a batch to keep around.
- 1⁄2 cup cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup white pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup rosemary
- 3 tablespoons marjoram
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon gumbo file, ground fine
- 2 dozen shrimp, colossal, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, divided 5 and 3 ounces
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons rum liqueur
- 4 teaspoons seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, dry
- 1⁄2 cup beer, room temperature
- 2 loaves French baguettes, slices sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Acadian Feux directions. Mix spices from cayenne to gumbo file', hit a couple times in processor. Stores well.
- Q'd Prawns directions.
- Melt the five ounces of butter in large skillet over medium to high heat, not to burn. Add Worcestershire and seasonings, stir well. Add Kitchen Bouquet and rum liqueur, stirring well.
- Add shrimp to sauce and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and white wine, bring to a boil, boil 2 minutes.
- Add beer, boil another minute.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley.
- You can serve it up in a deep bowl with shrimp and sauce, but the best is to trivet the skillet, give everyone a fork and some crusty baguette bread and everyone eat from the skillet and sop up the sauce.