Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is being posted for ZWT II & my recipe source is epicurean.com who acknowledged their source as "A Taste of Acadie", by Marielle Cormier-Boudreau. (Time does not include time for pie pastry to cool)
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie (lattice top)
- Cook cranberries, water & both sugar amts for about 25 minutes. Allow mixture to cook, then add beaten egg & butter.
- Roll out pie pastry for bottom crust. Place in pie pan & bake at 400 F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven & allow to cool.
- Fill crust w/cranberry mixture & top w/lattice crust.
- Return pie to oven and bake for another 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with cream.
I have not had cranberry pie before and loved this pie. Made sure the cranberry mixture was cooled well before adding the egg and butter. I used a pre-packaged pie crust, the cranberries were just right, a bit tart and not overly sweet, and the cream was a wonderful addition!