Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice side dish for late summer, when your garden is overflowing.
- 3 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices or half moons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried italian herbs or 1 -2 tablespoon fresh italian herbs
- 1 cup crouton, crushed for topping
- 1 tablespoon freshly shredded parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently until transparent. Add the zucchini and garlic and salt to taste. Cook until the zucchini is transparent on the surfaces, but not all the way through. Don't overcook! Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the tomato, herbs, and capers. Add the cheese when the mixture is cool enough that the cheese will mix well and not clump together. Transfer to a shallow baking dish and top with crushed croutons and remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.