Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet. It is an Abuelo's recipe featured in the Cinncinnati newspaper. Since it's an appetizer, I'm guessing at 2 three-ounce servings. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
For the Bistec seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄3 cup dried red pepper, crushed
- 3 tablespoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon cumin (comino)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
For the tuna
- 6 ounces tuna, loin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bistec seasoning (more if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarse grind (more if desired)
- canola oil (for frying)
- 2 ounces mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1⁄4 lemon, for garnish
- mustard, for garnish
- honey lime dressing (to garnish, Honey Lime Dressing Honey Lime Dressing or store bought)
- For the Bistec seasoning:.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Season Tuna with Bistec Seasoning and pepper.
- Heat nonstick sauté pan over high heat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons oil to pan.
- Sear tuna on each side for 30-45 seconds.
- Refrigerate, then slice tuna fillet in 1/8 inch thick slices when chilled.
- Place spring mix in center of a chilled plate.
- Fan seared, sliced tuna on the front edge of the spring mix.
- Place lemon at 1 o'clock and a dot of mustard at 11 o'clock on the plate.
- Pour a ribbon of honey lime dressing from edge to edge of the tuna fan at the bottom of the plate.