Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I actually won a local contest with this recipe. Our favorite restaurant who served the best dip closed down...and we could not find another that was even close, so I came up with this home-made replica, which is just as delicious!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well)
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) jar marinated artichokes (drained and chopped) (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -3 garlic clove, minced, to taste (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- serve with French bread (toasted) or sourdough bread (toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup half and half milk or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (except bread) into a mixing bowl, gently fold together until combined.
- Pour into a greased or oiled 8" or 9" pie plate or other baking dish.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Let stand to cool down it will be very hot.
- Slice bread 1/4" to 1/2" and place directly on oven rack to toast for the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking time.
This if so tasty and versatile. And of course you know me I too added large garlic cloves...small won't do. I think anytime spinach and garlic are put together your mouth just says m-m-m and cheese to boot oh my... glitter
You could almost halve the spinach and it would be enough, then it would be a bit more creamy. SUPER flavor! I took 2 artichoke spinach dips and this one was preferred. Does not reheat well.
Delicious, I left out the artichokes and used a lil extra cream to make it more "dip-y" and everyone raved about it. Definitely a keeper!