1/6 Photos of Absolutely the Best Southern Sweet Tea
4 hrs 5 mins
I know, I know. Everyone claims the best sweet tea around. I only say mine is best because everyone, and I do mean everyone... says so (so far, but now it's posted so that may change). Posted by request. Sometimes we will substitute two of the Lipton tea bags for two green tea bags which gives this tea another wonderful flavor. SOME TEA 'BAG' HISTORY: Tea 'bags' were originally created by manufacturers as 'samples' of their fine teas and given to the distributors to boost sales.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hold tea bags lined up evenly by the strings and make a loop knot to hold them together. Pull off paper and staple (from paper side). Set aside.
- 2In a one gallon pitcher, add very hot water. Stir in the sugar till dissolved.
- 3Add tea bags and dunk into water a few times, then leave them in the pitcher. Cover with lid of pitcher and refrigerate.
- 4Wait until it is very cold (at least 3-4 hours). The flavor changes until it reaches the 'cold' state.
- 5Drink and enjoy. (I leave the bags set in the pitcher, but recommend taking them out after about 8 hours--- IF it lasts that long! We make 2 pitchers at a time down here in the south. :).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolutely the Best Southern Sweet Tea
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: