I know, I know. Everyone claims the best sweet tea around. I only say mine is best because everyone, and I do mean everyone... says so (so far, but now it's posted so that may change). Posted by request. Sometimes we will substitute two of the Lipton tea bags for two green tea bags which gives this tea another wonderful flavor. SOME TEA 'BAG' HISTORY: Tea 'bags' were originally created by manufacturers as 'samples' of their fine teas and given to the distributors to boost sales.
- Hold tea bags lined up evenly by the strings and make a loop knot to hold them together. Pull off paper and staple (from paper side). Set aside.
- In a one gallon pitcher, add very hot water. Stir in the sugar till dissolved.
- Add tea bags and dunk into water a few times, then leave them in the pitcher. Cover with lid of pitcher and refrigerate.
- Wait until it is very cold (at least 3-4 hours). The flavor changes until it reaches the 'cold' state.
- Drink and enjoy. (I leave the bags set in the pitcher, but recommend taking them out after about 8 hours--- IF it lasts that long! We make 2 pitchers at a time down here in the south. :).