Recipe by crazycookinmama
These are divine! They come out perfect.
Top Review by emcglone1979
These are wonderful. The first time I made them, something was "off" but I wasn't quite sure what. This time, I cut the salt in half, and they're perfect. I got 4 dozen medium size cookies out of one batch.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.