Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are divine! They come out perfect.
Make and share this Absolutely the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
These are wonderful. The first time I made them, something was "off" but I wasn't quite sure what. This time, I cut the salt in half, and they're perfect. I got 4 dozen medium size cookies out of one batch.
This is the Toll House recipe, just substituting shortening for butter and increasing the vanilla...still, they are delicious! I always halve the salt, use semi-sweet chips and lots of walnuts :)
Again the reviews prove so valuable. The cookies definitely look and feel undercooked when removed and I would have kept them in the oven longer, had I not read the reviews on this recipe. I baked mine for 10 min; got a batch of 46 and the cookie size is quite generous - like the palm of your hand. I personally found the cookies on the sweet side (perhaps because I used semi-sweet instead of milk chocolate, will use milk chocolate next time)but was voted out by everybody around me. They were loved by all. I made with regular shortening. A keeper for sure, especially since school is starting up in a few days. Made for Went to the Market tag.