1 hr 5 mins
This is GOOD--trust me! Tastes like a million bucks--maybe 2 million. I like to use cavatappi pasta (double elbows) because they are long and squiggly so they hold a lot of the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions.
- 2Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a baking dish or coat with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 3In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle flour into butter and whisk constantly until you have thick, smooth paste, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add mustard, red pepper and Worcestershire. Gradually whisk in milk and continue stirring until sauce thickens and returns to simmer.
- 5Reduce heat to low. Add 3 cups of cheese and stir until melted. Add macaroni, stirring until well coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over top, followed by crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolutely the Best Baked Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 774.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 29.7 g