1/2 Photos of Absolutely Perfect Roast Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Perfect, that is if you like crisp garlicky skin, moist flesh and pan juices you have to force yourself not to drink straight from the pan. The flavor of this chicken is amazing and the best I have ever had. The recipe was given to me by my niece. Thank you Nancy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2Remove the giblets and any excess fat from the chicken cavity.
- 3Peel the garlic and put it through a garlic press.
- 4In a small bowl or on your cutting board, mash the garlic together with the salt.
- 5When you have a nice paste, smear half of it inside the chicken's cavity.
- 6Rub the rest of the salt and garlic paste all over the outside of the chicken.
- 7Then put the chicken on a rack and put the rack in a roasting pan just big enough to hold the chicken.
- 8Pour the water into the bottom of the pan.
- 9Bake the chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the drumstick just begins to move in the socket.
- 10Do not baste.
- 11Check a few times to be sure the water has not evaporated; add more during cooking, if needed.
- 12Cut the chicken into serving size pieces and serve with pan juices.
- 13I like to serve the juice in individual small bowls to dip the chicken.
- 14Note: Try to use a chicken as close to 3 lbs as you can find. It is more difficult to get the same results with a larger roaster chicken.
- 15Also note: Do not substitute regular salt for the Kosher salt. Chicken must be on a rack in order for the chicken to brown well.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Absolutely Perfect Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.9
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 805.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 37.7 g