Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
This recipe comes from the Diocese of Louisiana, from a cookbook entitled "A Cook's Tour of the Bayou Country". Generally, I haven't found anything from Louisiana that didn't taste good! This cake turns out really moist.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup Amaretto, divided
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1⁄2-1 cup almonds, chopped, blanched, and toasted
- Beat butter at the medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until it is soft and creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat just until the yellow disappears.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in flavorings and 1/2 cup amaretto.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in a pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from the pan, and let cool completely on the wire rack.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of amaretto, marmalade, and preserves in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until marmalade and preserves melt, stirring frequently. Drizzle over the cake; sprinkle with the almonds.
The flavor of this cake is to die for. The crumb is moist and tender and it rose beautifully. I love this cake. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
This is a wonderful bundt cake. Great flavor, moist and a nice texture. I thought I had all of the ingredients but when I grabbed my lemon extract out of the pantry, it was empty. So I used 1 teaspoon each of freshly grated lemon and orange zest in place of the lemon and orange extracts. I also only had 1/4 cup of sliced almonds left but I think that was just the right amount. Made for Newest Zaar tag.