Recipe by Yrhaven (aka Condiment Queen)
My girlfriend Deb made these for us at a BBQ and these are really one of the best things I've EVER had, my entire family loved them! I found a few recipes that were similar, but I decided to go ahead and post this one because the variations between this recipe and the others I think will make a big difference, both in flavor and an easier preparation. Really you should allow 4-8 halves per person, minimum, because no one will be able to get enough. If you want these hotter leave on the stem, and remove less of the veins when removing the seeds. If you want them milder, remove the stems and more of the vein. Regular bacon could be used, but the pepper bacon really added a nice touch.
- 18 -20 large fresh jalapenos (or more of smaller)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb pepper bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, cut each pepper in half lengthwise, remove seeds, veins and stems as you want.
- Fill each pepper with cream cheese.
- Wrap with a strip of the pepper bacon.
- Repeat, until done.
- Lay pepper side down, over flame of medium heat grill until bacon is crispy, (approx. 1/2 hr). DO NOT TURN. These can also be cooked in the oven, probably 350°F for 1/2 hr, or until bacon is crispy, or if you can manage to supervise them under the broiler, that would be a great way too if you can't cook them on a grill.
- If grilling, move to top rack (if you have one) until served (devoured).