Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I created this recipe after trying another recipe for sugar-free brownies with the end result being dry and tasteless brownies...I made them specifically for my boyfriend who is diabetic; when he tried the brownies...he said they were the best he had ever tasted...my sugar-free brownies are cake-like, moist and delicious...have fun making them and ENJOY!!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick salted butter)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sucralose artificial sweetener)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smucker's sugar-free chocolate syrup (almost as thick as hot fudge)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Grease (use butter for best results) and flour 8x8 inch pan.
- 3. Melt butter and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir occasionally until smooth.
- 4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 5. Beat eggs until frothy in a large bowl.
- 6. Add Splenda and vanilla.
- 7. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; stir into egg mixture then mix in butter and cocoa.
- 8. Finally stir in skim milk, chocolate syrup, applesauce and walnuts (if desired).
- 9. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-37 minutes.
- 10. Stick a toothpick into the brownies and when it comes out clean its done.
- 11. Let cool and then cut into squares.
- 12. If desired - you can top with the sugar-free chocolate syrup and sugar-free whipped cream - or - you can make sugar-free brownie sundaes.