Recipe by Hines' Honey
My family loves granola bars. The quaker brand used to be there favorite, but since I have been making these granola bars I have been forbidden to bring the "store bought" kind into the house. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can add as many "mix-in's as you would like. Chocolate, dried fruit, nuts ... the list is endless.
- 4 cups whole oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans are preferred in my house)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- 2⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line 9x13 pan with tin foil. Grease the foil, then set pan aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown across the top of the bars.
- Immediately remove from pan and invert on to a cooling rack so that the foil can be removed from the bars.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bars.
- I wrap them indiviually, so they can be quickly snatched for a snack of breakfast on the run.