Recipe by Recipe Junkie
These are our family's favorite scalloped potatoes.
Top Review by -Blondie-
This is a recipe I've grown up eating, and i love it. I was very happy to find it here. I used red potatoes this time, and I substituted regular milk for the evaporated milk. It cooked in the oven for 1 hour and turned out wonderful! Thank you for posting it on here!
- 4 -5 thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 of one can evaporated milk (12 ounce)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease well a 3 qt casserole dish.
- Heat soups and evaporated milk in saucepan and stir until blended well.
- Cover bottom of dish with one layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough soup mixture over potatoes just to cover.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeat layers (potatoes-salt and pepper-soup-cheese)ending with cheese.
- Cover and bake in 350 oven for 1 hr - 1 and 1/2 hours.
- (Can also be microwaved for 45 minutes).