Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe from a friend on the Oregon coast who was a master with seafood. Enjoy!
- 1 lb prawns (21-25 count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh green onions with top, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces dry sherry
- Peel and slit prawns through the back partly and devein.
- Heat olive oil and butter in frying pan or wok.
- Stir in garlic.
- Add prawns and saute gently for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are nearly done.
- Add dry sherry and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve in a hot chafing dish.
Gourmet Prawns indeed! I did two things differently-I heated the oil/butter, added the garlic then the mushrooms then finally added the prawns & green onions. Instead of sherry I used Vermouth and added that a few seconds after the prawns. Cooked them for apprx 3 minutes. Fantastic - they exploded in your mouth Love the recipe Thanks Martini Guy for posting
I just love this shrimp dish! I actually tripled the complete recipe and added in about 2 tablespoons crushed garlic, otherwise made as stated. The sauce from this is wonderful, fresh mushrooms and freshly ground black pepper is a must with this... a high class restaurant-quality dish with little effort, we loved this, thanks Martini Guy and your friend for posting this great shrimp dish, everyone loved it!...Kittencal:)