Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
this recipe isnt THE healthiest, but better than plain ol' pancakes... works for me.
Make and share this Absolutely Best Healthy Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup nonfat milk (depends on how thick your batter is)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrots or 1⁄2 cup baby pureed carrot
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- beat all ingredients but the last three.
- stir in last three ingredients.
- batter will be thick.
These pancakes are fantastic! Very filling and hearty with amazing flavor. I loved the oatmeal, the brown sugar and spices are right on, and the carrots and pineapples make these taste like "carrot cake pancakes"! I left out the raisins this time, and next time I'll add a handful of chopped nuts. Served these with maple syrup and just loved every bite - thanks for sharing this winner! Made for Fall PAC 2008