Recipe by CandyTX
I got this from who knows where, but they are just as the name proclaims... the absolute best!
Top Review by Ismy Echo
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry. You don't have to make a giant mess either to just have some brownies, always appreciated. One of the things I did was to melt the butter in a a 9X9 glass Pyrex dish and then added the melted butter to the mixing bowl, that way the pan was already buttered. I didn't flour the pan, too lazy for that, and didn't have any sticking issues. I bet you could get away with mixing in the pan itself if you are a using a high quality non-stick pan, but you know your own cookware better than I do. These were a bit thin but nice and moist, definitely not a chore to "have" to eat. These won't feed a crowd though, so be warned to keep them for you and one special person or double the recipe and make extra thick brownies, two 9X9 pans or use a 13X9.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 9-inch pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine the cocoa, salt, and flour together; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm.