Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You'll find this moist cake to be absolutely one of the best you've served!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 medium apples, peeled,cored,chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Blend eggs, oil and sugar until creamy.
- Add flour a little at a time.
- Blend well.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Fold in apples, coconut and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes and then remove to serving plate.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar and milk in a saucepan.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour over warm cake.
This turned out to be a very moist cake. It was very good, but I think I cut my apples too small because I really couldn't tell that they were there. Thank's for the recipe.