Recipe by Cas
My mother-in-law makes this every Christmas, possibly to compensate for the hot lunch in the Australian summer (not that I'd ever complain about her awesome Christmas dinners)! Everyone adores it, and her Christmases are famous for a perfect ending to a perfect meal. When my turn came, each family member put in their lolly/chocolate request for the ice cream. Thankfully she made it.
Top Review by tornadochild
Perfect for a summer dessert (or a special treat)! My kids LOVED helping me make this! In our family, adding gummy bears to one of the layers was a must! Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (2 quart) container vanilla ice cream (or any flavour or s you want)
- 4 -5 ice cream topping, melted and cooled first (peppermint crisps, ripe cherries, crunchie or violet crumble honeycomb, jelly babies, maltesers, tur)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take ice cream out of freezer to soften.
- Crush your first choice of sweet.
- Portion the ice cream to however many chocolates or lollies you have.
- Mix the portioned ice cream and your 1st chocolate together until even.
- In a large tin, such as a square cake tin or loaf tin (or even empty the ice cream out and use the tub) line with cling wrap, leaving a long end every side (to wrap up when finished) and spoon in your ice cream so it is thick and flat.
- Put into the freezer in between doing the rest of your lollies.
- When your layers are complete, wrap tightly with the excess cling wrap and freeze.
- To serve, pull the log out by the cling wrap and cut on a plate lengthways so you get a bit of each flavoured ice cream.
- To make patterns on the top of the ice cream, pull the cling wrap so it is crinkled.
- Serve by itself or with any dessert.