Recipe by BeLEAFer Liz
I got this recipe from my mom who found it who knows where. Its so simple and delicious. You can alter the baking times to have a softer, chewier cookie, or a crispier one. One of my friends doesn't like chocolate (odd I know) so I substituted white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips which went over great! You can use pretty much any kind of chip you want!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee, crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat the egg and the vanilla extract and add to sugar mixture.
- Add the instant coffee and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and add to batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Pat down slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie.