Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This cookie recipe is a definite must have in your recipe box!! Warning! once you start eating these... it's really hard to stop at just two.. or three.. or.. well, you get the picture. :) My Grandmother gave me this delectably delicious recipe and Everyone who has ever tried them has asked me for the recipe! After trying these, my husband doesn't want any others. And, If you are going to take these cookies, for a treat, anywhere, be sure to have the recipe with you! You WILL definitely be asked for it. They are truly the most excellent, best ever, soft oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever had!
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml butter (softened)
- 354.88 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml oatmeal (quick cooking oats)
- First, you put the raisins in a small pan of water uncovered and cook till puffy.
- Put in strainer to drain and cool.
- (I rinse them under cool water to cool them off quicker) Cream and beat together (using elect. mixer) the butter, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Mix together the flour (unsifted), soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oatmeal and add to the creamed mixture, using beater to mix.
- Last, add the raisins.
- With a spoon, mix them in ever so lightly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- (I use cooking spray) I sometimes use Tablespoonfuls to make bigger cookies!
- Bake them between 350*-360* for 8-9 minutes.
- Take them out before they get brown!
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before transfering to waxed paper to cool completely.
For those who thought the recipe was lacking in punch or flavor, here's what i did to make these spectacular: To the creamed butter, sugar egg mixture I added 2 tsp of bourban vanilla extract. You can get away with just 1 tsp but i love em on the super sweet side. instead of adding the cinnamon to the flour mixture i added it to the creamed sugar mixture. I also used 1 tsp instead of 1/2 tsp if cinnamon. Added 1/2 tsp Mccormick apple pie spice To the flour mixture i added 1/2 tsp salt. Power punch of flavor with those adjustments
These are the best oatmeal cookies! When i made them i left out the raisins and put in cinnamon chips and chopped pecans. Everyone loves them.
Fantastic recipe for my most favorite cookie! I added 1 tsp vanilla and used craisins (dried cranberries) instead of raisins, but didn't soak them. I can eat a whole batch of these myself!