This cookie recipe is a definite must have in your recipe box!! Warning! once you start eating these... it's really hard to stop at just two.. or three.. or.. well, you get the picture. :) My Grandmother gave me this delectably delicious recipe and Everyone who has ever tried them has asked me for the recipe! After trying these, my husband doesn't want any others. And, If you are going to take these cookies, for a treat, anywhere, be sure to have the recipe with you! You WILL definitely be asked for it. They are truly the most excellent, best ever, soft oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever had!
- First, you put the raisins in a small pan of water uncovered and cook till puffy.
- Put in strainer to drain and cool.
- (I rinse them under cool water to cool them off quicker) Cream and beat together (using elect. mixer) the butter, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Mix together the flour (unsifted), soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oatmeal and add to the creamed mixture, using beater to mix.
- Last, add the raisins.
- With a spoon, mix them in ever so lightly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- (I use cooking spray) I sometimes use Tablespoonfuls to make bigger cookies!
- Bake them between 350*-360* for 8-9 minutes.
- Take them out before they get brown!
- Cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet before transfering to waxed paper to cool completely.